The Palace of Versailles

Tuesday, March 29, 2016


You don't have to force me, I'm moving in this second. Bless you Louis XIII for this royal chateau that continues to grace us to this day with awe. I mean, she's got it all - the mansard roofing, the gilded gold, the installation of sculptures planted in every corner, the marbled court in its black and white symmetry, and the palaces salmon pink hue, while the interior is adorned with ceiling murals of cherubs and candle lit crystal chandeliers in the Hall of Mirrors. I don't believe it can get any better than this.

For the life of me, I can't even imagine what life must have been like during this time of the royal family. I wonder if they even recognized how grand their lifestyle was and how supreme their surroundings were? I am just so grateful that history continues to stand still so that the present and the future can have a taste of the past. Looking at photos of our time spent at the Palace of Versailles still has me shaking my head in pure disbelief that this actually exists, and I am so grateful that it does.

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground