for my personal records

Monday, March 17, 2014


This is just for my pure personal enjoyment. I love lists, wether they be to-do lists, packing lists, grocery lists, and favorite lists. My birthday is just around the corner and I wanted to jot down a record of the things I love and remind myself of what I loved when I was 24. People change, you know? My interests won't ever change but the specifics within those interests could possibly change. So this is just for entertainment.

On two side notes, the Zoo and I were abruptly woken up at 6:25 am this morning by a 4.7 earthquake. Yes, this is my first experience of an earthquake and though it wasn't too crazy, it was strong enough to wake us up, lasted a good 15 seconds which doesn't sound long but when you're living through it, it seems like forever and the whole apartment was shaking. Luckily only one dish broke in the kitchen but I was screaming. I've never experienced anything quite like it. I have always said, tornados are the most frightening and evil looking natural disasters. But growing up with them, I was fine because you can prepare for them and you are warned hours ahead and the city has sirens that go off telling you to get in your basement. But, an earthquake - no warning, nothing.

The sound was the most frightening. It sounded as though a bull dozer was digging right below us. Apparently we were right in the epicenter of the quake and it's been years since an earthquake of this magnitude has hit so they are worried this is the beginning of a big one. I'm thinking Zeke and I need to move back home to Georgia ASAP.

In other news, I spent the morning creating "paint chips" to create color palettes for future spring collection of abstracts! I am really excited! Now, for the list:

1. favorite book(s) : Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil & Gone With the Wind
2. favorite artist(s) : Degas, De Kooning, Matisse, Bernini, Michelangelo, John Singer Sargent, Monet, Manet
3. favorite color(s) : chartreuse, coquelicot, cornflower blue, periwinkle, bright lilac
4. favorite song : Georgia On My Mind  - Ray Charles
5. favorite scent : fresh laundry
6. favorite ice cream and from where : pomegranate frozen yogurt & guava frozen yogurt  - sweet rose creamery 
7. favorite food : anything cajun creole
8. style icons : grace kelly, lauren bacall, jackie kennedy, olivia palermo, audrey hepburn, c.z. guest, giovanna battaglia
9. favorite fruit(s) : watermelon, honeycrisp apples, tangelos & lemons
10. favorite holiday : 4th of July & Halloween
11. favorite pastime : ghost hunting & painting

No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground