i love what i do.

Monday, February 18, 2013

It's true, and I am so happy to say it: I love what I do. Though times become ruts and paintings don't satisfy me and I drool over other's works and question mine; I do see my progression since High School and I know I can't be too hard on myself. Despite the criticism of the positives and negatives, no matter what, I love what I do. It will be a part of me for the rest of my life. I don't plan on giving it up because I gave it a go as a child and I was forever changed. It's interesting to see the progression of my painting styles change through out the years and no matter what, I continually hold an individual and solid love for each piece I have created. I am grateful to still be in school and have the advantage of forced time out of my days of the week to focus on my paintings. I know when school comes to a close, I'm going to have to really force myself to stay clear of distractions and the easy laziness we can all be overcome with. Time shall not be wasted.  Painting makes my life happy, and I constantly feel that I am always surrounding myself with beauty, color and liveliness; ought that the way things should be?

Any hoo, the first abstract painting of my next series is finally finished and shown above. I call it "Le Boulevard." I love creating titles for my work. It completes it and gives life to my paintings. They finally become something, somebody, they finally hold importance. It just makes me giddy. I hope you find some sense of happiness with my artwork, that's all I care to do is at least make those smile and find beauty in them. Happy Presidents Day! Hope your break from school, work or whatever it may be was well spent.


No comments:

this might tickle your fancy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground